Friday, February 23, 2007

Bad timing to be sick!

When is good timing to be sick? Never. I hate being sick and I don't get sick very often, maybe once a year. Usually a cold. This time I got hit with a bad flu. It hit me two nights ago, my stomach was doing kartwheels and I was miserable all night. I spent yesterday sleeping and in the bathroom(I'll spare you the details). I knew I had to get some fluid in with all of the fluid I was losing so I had two gatorades throughout the day. I also had half a banana. That was my total nutrition for the day- about 450 calories. I literally slept all day long right through the night. I don't think I even knew a day had passed. I woke up this morning feeling better. I just had some solid food- Oatmeal, and so far so good! I am hoping to have a normal day of eating today and feel good by tomorrow to get back to my training. That is the most frustrating part, when your training is going so well and your right on track and then BAM! You get hit with the flu and miss 2-3 training days. This is the end of a big week too! I'll be well just in time for our recovery week...but we still have 6 weeks until the half ironman. I have plenty of time after getting knocked off my feet like this for a few days- no biggie! I am feeling better already! But it is bad timing to be sick!