Monday, November 23, 2009

Becoming the B I T C H

Maybe you have read some of the posts about my new book,The Female Body Breakthrough: The Revolutionary Strength-Training Plan for Losing Fat and Getting the Body You Want

or saw the name of the interview I did with The FitCast: Fitness and Nutrition PodCast and thought....gosh, calling yourself a Bitch or wanting to become the Bitch seems very negative and derogatory. Maybe this has turned you off from picking up my book because you aren't interested in becoming a bitch or a chick....

Well, let me explain myself if this is the case. Anything taken out of context may seem negative or derogatory so I want to make sure you get the bigger picture so that you "get" what becoming the BITCH means and "get" the message within my book and share it with as many women as possible. I don't want you to think this is just another Skinny Chick or Skinny Bitch book- it isn't. It is based on very solid research (two pages of references) along with real world stories with before and after pictures and my own experience. But it is written in a very girlfriend to girlfriend voice to make the message very approachable and understandable to as many women as possible.

First of all, let's set up the scene- You are at a holiday party or a social gathering and maybe you are feeling less than fabulous, in fact a little frumpy. Instead of getting your slinky holiday dress out to wear you opted for the frumpy sweater because you didn't want anything that would cling to your stomach too much. Attending the party, it never fails, a woman possibly an acquaintance of yours will show up feeling fabulous wearing her sleek dress and looking amazing.

Maybe YOU have never thought this but I am sure you have had a friend say it to you.... "Did you see so and so? What a bitch showing up in her slinky dress looking amazing like that? What's her problem anyway?"

My point- When you are feeling frumpy and less than fabulous it is hard not to resent someone who looks amazing in their party dress and start to gossip about what starvation diet she must be on or how she has it so easy. Instead of resenting her and coming up with reasons why she is fabulous and you are frumpy, instead become her. Become the woman in the room that the other women are calling a "bitch." Be inspired by her.

BITCH now stands for Be Inspiring Totally Confident and Hot! So, I use the word Bitch in a very positive sense. Basically I want women who read my book to become the women the other women envy with the goal being that you inspire them to make their own breakthrough.