Monday, October 22, 2007

On adrenal holiday...

I am addicited to caffeine. Yes, I, Rachel Cosgrove am a caffeine addict. I have been working on an elimination plan for my clients at the gym to follow and I have always said that having 1-2 cups of coffee with protein is allowed. Well, after discussing this with various people in the industry and reading the research I have come to the conclusion that for most people eliminating caffeine for a period of time to give your adrenals a break is beneficial and is something my clients and myself should do every once in awhile.

No big deal- I'll eliminate caffeine, I can't be that addicted to it...I woke up and didn't know what to do with myself since I usually sit and sip my coffee while reading emails. Instead I decided I would go for a run to wake myself up. The headache hit and got worse and worse as the day went on. I ended up napping for a few hours- I was having major withdrawals! It was bad. Didn't know I was so addicted but I suppose that means I should definitley come off of it for a period of time.

Hope my adrenals are enjoying their holiday!!