Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A New Year!

January is here! Time is flying by! I love January because in my industry, the fitness industry, it is when our job is easy and needed the most. Everyone is really motivated, all of your clients follow everything you tell them and therefore they all see amazing results and love you. There is always a lot of energy in the gym with new people signing up and old people back in feeling motivated. It is a lot of fun this time of year.

As far as my own training I am now a month into my specific training for my Ironman. I am 3 months away from my first race, the California Half Ironman. My training is going well. I had a great week of training this past week with a 13 mile run, a 40 mile bike and so far 4000m of swimming. I am getting my flip turns down and starting to feel like a swimmer. My body is feeling pretty good. I am doing a core workout where I do power two days a week in the gym and strength two days a week and then I take 2 days to do regeneration in the gym(foam roll and stretch).

I will keep you posted in the coming weeks as my training progresses. Tomorrow I have my first BRICK where I will ride about 20 miles followed by a 30 minute run.

Nothing to it but to do it! That has been my mantra...