Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just do it!

So, I have been struggling with the fact that I have not been able to put 100% in to my training and will be repeating a race I did last year in 7 weeks time. Last year I was training for my Ironman and nothing got in the way of my training. This year is a different story. I have my business and career coming first(after my husband and family which are always #1) and then my obligation to Team in Training who I coach for while the 50 participants on my team raise money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. So, my own training has taken a back seat being third on my priority list. So, I know going in to Ironman California 70.3 that it will be hard to improve on the performance I gave last year and this bothers me.

So, I had to decide by Feb. 15th if I was going to pull out to get a refund and I was struggling with this decision....So, I emailed my good friend Alison who is also a coach with me for Team in Training for advice and she said,

"It sounds like you really do want to do the race but you know you won't be 100% ready for it. I say if you can do the race without injuring yourself because of being unprepared then go for it. If nothing else it would be a really good training day. You have to be ok with however you perform that day and just enjoy it for what it is. I think you will feel better if you just do it. :)"

So, decision made- I will just do it and enjoy myself no matter how I end up doing. I will put what I can in to my training these next 7 weeks and give the race everything I can that day.

I will Just do it! Thanks for the help Alison!