Monday, March 10, 2008

First Powerlifting Competition

I am always looking to challenge myself and get the best out of myself and joining one my employees at a powerlifting meet seemed like just the thing to push myself beyond my normal limits. Last weekend I participated in my first powerlifting competition. I competed in deadlift only since it transferred over to triathlon the most of any of the lifts. I still have a Half Ironman I am training for on March 29th. Check out the video of me below lifting 297.6 pounds and setting an American record winning a gold medal at the competition!(The video is squashed a bit so I appear shorter and wider than I really am but the lifting is what your watching anyway :))

What a great experienceI had! Never would have thought. If you never try, you never know...