Monday, December 14, 2009

Excerpt from US News &World Report- 6 Stupid Holiday Diet Tips you should Ignore

This is an excerpt from an article by Katherine Hobson-

Click Here to see the article.

Make "healthful" versions of holiday favorites—like nonfat, no-sugar cheesecake.

OK, I made up that example; I'm not sure such a thing exists. But, says Cosgrove, substituting ingredients or making "lite" holiday dishes is rarely a good idea. "Usually, it still isn't very healthy, and now it just doesn't taste as good," she says. "Life's too short not to have my grandmother's sweet potato pie." Her suggestion for the holidays (and the rest of the year): Eat healthfully 90 percent of the time, and then give yourself the freedom to splurge during the other 10 percent. Rather than taking the fun out of all your holiday meals, pick the ones at which you want to indulge, and, at the rest, pass up the goodies.