Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Perform Better 2008- Take action!

I was so honored and excited to be a part of the Perform Better Seminar this year. I spoke at 2 events- in Rhode Island and in Long Beach. Perform Better puts on the best fitness conference I have ever been to with practical, useful information and excellent speakers. The best part was that I spoke on Friday at both events so I was able to relax and enjoy the rest of the conference as an attendee and learn from the other speakers. My talks seemed well received with a lot of good feedback. I really enjoyed speaking and being able to share what I have learned over the ten plus years I have been training people.

My entire staff attended the Long Beach conference and came back with a ton of useful information. We are going to be meeting this week to discuss all of the changes we will be making. The key after a weekend like that is taking action implementing your new ideas. It doesn't do you any good to learn new stuff if you don't take action and use it. I have asked my staff to each write down ten things they learned, want to implement or took away from the conference. I do this at every conference or seminar I attend- I leave with 10 "to do's" that I am going to put into action immediatley.

We also had Martin Rooney and Bill Parisi do a staff training before the conference at our gym and John Berardi do one after the conference. Our staff got a huge education this weekend and took a giant step ahead of most trainers in the industry to being the best and now we need to take action!