Friday, February 16, 2007

3 days a week

I have been swimming for 3 days a week now for 6 weeks and I am noticing a huge difference. Swimming is the hardest of the three sports for me. I learned to swim for triathlon and mentally I struggle with myself to get in the pool every swim workout. I can always come up with an excuse or justification why I shouldn't swim but thank goodness my training partner loves to swim so we have not missed a swim workout for the past 6 weeks and I have been in 3 times a week swimming anywhere from 3500m-6500m a week total.

I have learned to flip turn and have it down now to where it feels easier than stopping on each side. I timed my mile and have taken 3 minutes off of it in the last 6 weeks. I am getting to where I don't talk myself out of swimming anymore and almost to where I look forward to swimming. Almost... I always enjoy the swim workouts once I am in, it's just getting into the "not so warm" water that is always hard. The first couple laps always feel hard and then as I warm up I really do enjoy the workout.

I will continue to swim 3 days a week right through my training and by the end you won't be able to get me out of the pool :)